Admission and applications
The master’s degree can be obtained at any of the four organizing universities. The candidates may apply for joining the master in their university choice, and formalize the inscription there.
The total number of places available for the master is 25, which are distributed as follows
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela: 6 places
- Unversidade da Coruña: 6 places
- Universidade de Vigo: 6 places
- Universidade do Porto: 7 places
The admission criteria is equivalent in all the four universities.
This master’s degree is aimed at students who hold a degree in Mathematics, Physics or Engineering, and have diverse interests in computer vision technology:
- Students who pursue a specialization before joining the labor market.
- Students pursuing a doctoral thesis in this field.
- Entrepreneurs seeking training to start their own companies in the field.
- Professionals who work in technology companies and want to broaden/complement their skills.
The recommended admission profile is:
- Mathematical training at least equivalent to the provided by a degree in Engineering.
- Programming skills (C/C++, Java , Matlab, Python, or similar).
- Level of English equivalent to level B2 – CEFR is recommended, although only B1 is required.
On the basis of the above, the admission requirements are:
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees in any area of science, engineering, and technical engineering.
- Adequacy of academic record and curriculum vitae to the expected academic profile.
- Accreditation of minimum English level B1.
The prioritization of candidates will be based on the following aspects:
- Academic record (80%).
- Work experience in the field of computer vision (preferably) and ICT in general (15%).
- Other merits related to the field of computer vision (preferably) and of ICTs in general (5%).
The application process should be formalized with the organizing universities:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (to be announced)
- Universidade da Coruña (to be announced)
- Universidade de Vigo (to be announced)
- Universidade do Porto